Website Link


back to the Fit and Toned website www.fitandtoned.co.nz

Saturday 15 June 2013

Vaya con Dios worries!

Anytime life treats me bad, I cry on my best buddy’s shoulder. Not quite. My bestie lives in Australia and is married to a super great lady, good friend as well. He understands everything and, after some tears, he always says “You'll be fine! Let’s talk philosophy”. So we go, for hours, from Socrates and Plato to Hegel, Kant and Schopenhauer.  We both have one of our degrees in Philosophy, so, we enjoy the talk. And then we ask each other what would these great guys’ answer to my problem be. Childish, naïve, minor? Who knows? None of them is alive anymore. For me though my problems are…problems. Just imagine: just last week I scared a guy and I am sure that he still runs somewhere in the hoods to be as far as possible from me. Not a problem? Not for you, it's not, but for me... Anyway, if my best buddy doesn’t have an answer and none of the great thinkers either, then a girl has to do what a girl has to do! Spa and Motown music. 

I create my own problems, I know that. Normally, after work, I should drop everything I heard that day and start back my personal life, but that’s not me. A few days back, a dear client of mine had a breast cancer scare. I haven’t slept the whole night. All clear now for her, but I so feel my sleepless night's effects. Then five of my clients, who attend my Yoga for pregnancy classes, will have their babies very soon.  I am freaking out for them. On top of that, I have to assess another trainer and I know that I have to fail him. How can I do that? I have his workbook, it’s not good at all, but the guy has three small daughters and his wife just left him. He needs his fitness rego to work and provide for his girlies. I don’t even know how to help him. Then a client of mine, whom I trained for the last three years, lost his wife, another one her son. There are so many tragedies I carry with me in my time off and, to be perfectly honest, none of them are mine. But in a way there are. I am a trainer, I am in this industry for decades and I will always care for my clients. They are my extended family. I spend more time with them than I spend with my own family. I work seven days a week and I love what I do….not just the work, mostly the people!  :)

No comments: