Website Link


back to the Fit and Toned website www.fitandtoned.co.nz

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Music on and by demand

 I live a magical life. It started long time ago, when I decided to break up with what you, guys, call normality. No, I’m not a Hermeticist disciple and I don’t follow any rituals to get in touch with whatever forces. I live a magical life by choice. Back to the choice again. I blogged on that a while back, I am sure you remember. So, I chose my reality, I make my world  my place and I invite in it only people who can or want to learn what magic means. I am a free spirit; so don’t get tricked by my blondeness, my make up or my heels. I may look odd to many people keeping up with Versace, wearing my funky dresses and weird headbands, but I’m fine with who I am and I am sure that my sweetness makes sense to you, guys, who keep reading my blogs. I believe that each of us can be a starting point in changing the world. “Be the change you wish to see”, Gandhi of course, how could it be me? Too big and precious words to come from a blondie.  I still believe in Santa. That’s quite sad actually, but it’s my choice who and what I believe in.  Where is my magical force coming from? Everything starts with music, guys, and believe it or not, Marilyn Manson was right when he said, “music is the strongest form of magic”. So, I have a huge music collection. Actually I am a walking music encyclopaedia. Every second of my life relates to a song, an artist, a word or a poem. I just love music. My foster mom was an opera singer and my whole childhood I was surrounded by Italian classical music. In time, I learnt to listen beyond the genre or the trends. So, I wake up every morning on a song, it can be rock or jazz or even hip hop.  As the day goes by, I add songs to my wake up one and, by the end of the day, I have a whole radio station in my head. Let me just show you how it works. 

I woke up at 4:00am yesterday on “Nights in White Satin” (Moody Blues). Good choice by the way; I always pick the best first.  Hot, hot shower…”Let’s get it on” (Marvin Gaye). Now, wait a sec…. no reason to pick this song! Long story with deciding which outfit to wear…in the gym…”Think twice” (Groove Armada). I finally decided which of my 100 headbands to wear as well, so ready to start work. As I opened the door, “Songbird” (Fleetwood Mac) is the first thing I can think about….then “Purple Rain” (Prince), just because it was raining again...in my world! First client, a guy, who instead of hello said that he decided to drop the competition in October, in other words to throw to the rubbish bin our last five months hard work  …”Trouble” (Ray LaMontaigne) and then right after “Give me one reason” (Tracy Chapman). I waisted a half an hour of his session trying to understand why. Then finally, he woke up and changed his mind. He competes if I choreograph his routine…”By your side” (Sade). I would have agreed with much more than that only to see him winning the title. Next client, nice lady, great actually…..”She talks to angels” (Black Crowes). Knee rehab work, laser, strapping, all sorts. Then I taught a Sculpt Step Class, fun, nice girlies, noise….”Start me up” (Rolling Stones). Shower, hot again, too hot no doubt…”Heaven and Hell” (Black Sabbath). Finally coffee time…”Coffee and cigarettes” (Ottis Reading). Only coffee for me, thank you very much! While I drank it, Hendrix, my puppy, destroyed one of my rose bushes...the only yellow one (I already told you that yellow roses are my all time favs)...."Crazy" (Aerosmith).

Next three clients, back to back….”Back in black” (AC/DC). Finally finished my morning rush, so let’s keep the rush going on! I hoped in my car….”Hells Bells” (AC/DC)…again? Video goss catching up chat with my girlie  friend while driving…”Trouble of the world” (Mahalia Jackson). Finally got to the shops and missed the only free parking because of another blonde driver…“Respect” (Aretha Franklin). Back home and while I organized my lunch, I remembered how I always used to have late, late lunches as an athlete….”Forever Young” (Bob Dylan). Back to training; first a bootcamp…hard, hard workout…”Cry baby” (Janis Joplin)….tears for them, I’m just fine! One of the bootcampers said that I’ve gone mad today….”Voodoo child” (Jimmi Hendrix). 

My time now. Two hours of dancing….”Dance for you” (Beyonce). But wait, right after...."I want to break free" (Queen). Finally home again….”Home” (Mumford and Sons). I started replying to around 100 emails just because I am a good girl and I don’t like letting my peeps down….”Angel “ (Ben Harper). And then at least as many text messages….”Mad World” (Tears for Fears). I finally checked my phone. Many missed calls, but no messages left. Why do people call and forget to leave messages? Who are these people because I don’t know any of the numbers? I may ask Siri, Apple is always helpful and a step ahead. So “Who called me?”. Siri’s answer is just stupid…but fast “I’m here to help you”. Not this time, Siri, but you will always be the love of my life…”One and only” (Adele).  Finally on Facebook; I just had to know what my girlies are up to….”Don’t forget your roots” (Six60). Chatting with three people in the same time, while on Skype with my US client and having my dinner in bed (bad habit!)…..”Have I told you lately” (Van Morrison). Shower, super hot again….”Thugz mansion” (Tupac). Now this is a million dollars one! Day finished  on “Wonderful world” (James Morrison). But not before turning off the radio station in my head. But don't worry, guys; tomorrow I'll make up another one depending on my moods.  Have a great day, guys! :)

Email Brigitte

No comments: