Website Link


back to the Fit and Toned website www.fitandtoned.co.nz

Wednesday 5 June 2013

One day at a time

I can't stand horror movies. Never did. Why should I pay money to be scared? They are so many twisted things in this world that would freak one out...for free. And I don't like surprises. Neither nice, nor bad! I believe in a world where what you see is what you get. Maybe this is the reason why I work in fitness. Scales, measurements, assessments don't lie. People can, but fitness testing is accurate!

I met so many people who wander around without knowing where they go. Especially in gyms; people who have some kind of goals and they believe that achieving them would be a result of running like crazy on treadmills, punching boxing bags for hours or doing supersets. It doesn't work like that. They haven't invented the law of cause-effect and neither did I. Don't get me wrong: I do believe in muscle confusion and I use it with all of my weight loss clients, but this is something a trainer can apply when ever is needed. Not a regular gym junkie. 

Take one day at a time and, when in gym, slow down. I know you've seen all the biggest ever loser TV shows, but there are shows only; not real life. How can you believe that a trainer has the right...and lung capacity to yell like a maniac while pushing those poor people to do a hundred sets of push ups? Is that the trainer you would hire? I really don't think so. 

The easiest task for a trainer is a weight loss client. A breeze really! The hard stuff starts when a client wants to put on weight. That's when a trainer gets the hard work and has to use all the knowledge in the world. Pick the trainer you feel comfortable with, but remember that pushing you to success doesn't mean yelling at you or swearing. Nothing like that.  I am a strong believer in the Law of Attraction. never had a client I didn't like. If I felt that we cannot have a connection, I referred him or her to one of my colleagues. Just because I knew that no sparkle, no results....and, at the end of the day, no pay cheque. 

Open your eyes wide when you hire a trainer and, if you cannot afford one, remember that advices are always free. And once again don't rush it: one pound at a time would do it just fine!

No comments: