Website Link


back to the Fit and Toned website www.fitandtoned.co.nz

Saturday 5 October 2013

Thanks for my life!

My life is kind of smooth...velvet smooth...lately. It's not because something very bombastic happened that made me gain more confidence. I never had confidence problems and, to be honest, shyness is not something that characterize me. Remember I am blonde? Anyway, back to my smooth life please. So yep, velvet as I've said...and because it is as it is, I decided yesterday to acknowledge and be grateful for every little aspect of my velvety life (at the end of the day, velvet is a royal fabric). There are so many things I have to be thankful for and I don't even know where to start from. After going around in circles for a whole day hoping  to find a starting point that I can thank the creator entity for, I kind of got tired...and bored...as I usually do. But I learnt a lesson and made a decision: I will be grateful for things as they come into my life. One at a time...no more pressure anymore. 

I was driving home when I came to this conclusion. I just spent a great evening with my dear friends Chele and Kev. Great evening? What I am talking about? The best ever, so this is my starting point. I am grateful for my friends, peeps who love me the way I am, don't try to change me only to match the times we are part of. Great start...great friends. While I said my humbled thanks (no, not loud, cos I am not one of those who speak to themselves!), my phone rang. Text message from my girlie Miriam. We text a lot Miriam and I.  My kids are my weak point....and my strong one too. I am so grateful for them both. How can I not be? They are smart, beautiful people...like me. Ooops, I shouldn't have said that about myself, but it's done. 

What else should I be grateful for? Hendrix of course. Hendrix, my eight months old puppy makes my life interesting. That's true. My life is definitely not boring (it's like I am...). My dear boy learnt (finally) to jump on the table so he doesn't have to struggle anymore to pull things I sort of hide on the table. Yes, my boy is growing and, as he does, he finds more ways of of keeping me occupied. So thanks, Hendrix for everything...I mean absolutely everything. Now, if I am grateful for him, I should also be for the other two dogs I own, Max for the last 12 years, and Neo just because he is related to somebody I chose to be related to. I know it seems complicated, but it's not. However, don't think too much...it may become complicated after all.  Not so complicated like the relationship between some of my dogs (Hendrix only) and my cats Mr. King and Ms. Lily. I am so grateful for them as well.

I want to be fair, so, a list would be awesome... but I am not the girl with the list (nor the one with the dragon tattoo; I have different tattoos!). So thanks for my super clients (I love them all), my house and garden (I am so lucky having a home when others don't!), my studio (that I totally adore), being healthy....and super happy, my ballet shoes, my little car (still goes strong, my girlie car!), the holiday I will be having in January, actually for everything and everybody in my life. For you too, guys, you who read my blogs come back for more and email me the most amazing emails. I am grateful even for being blonde. It's easier like this. People don't expect too much from me so I can surprise them from time to time. I just hope that at least one of the people I am thankful for would be grateful for me...or not!  Have a great weekend, guys! :)

Email Brigitte

No comments: