Website Link


back to the Fit and Toned website www.fitandtoned.co.nz

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Standards?

If Miriam woke up today with Schopenhauer in her mind, my first thought was Hegel. You may not know Miriam and that’s a shame really. She is another blondie who blogs. Actually we blog to each other, but you guys, don’t know that. Anyway, Miriam’s point is that “getting lost in this crowd called society to gain a status can really mean that you are losing your own self”. So being yourself and acting the best you can at a certain point in your life may be the key of our whole existence? Maybe, but I rather agree with Hegel, just because I usually go with my first thought. Hegel once said, “Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion”. Passion for what, you may ask. Actually for everything… if for Miriam may be for being who she is, for me is for my work. What’s your passion, guys; what keeps you going forward? Work I said is mine and work it is. I wasn’t always like that, but I surely am now. This is the only aspect of my life where I excel a little bit in. But in my work, Hegel is not my only mentor. Kant is as well and I kind of remember at the beginning of each working day that he once said to  “Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law”. Therefore I am into fitness not just because I want to make a difference. I try to state my kind of training as a universal law and I’m making my statement as clear as possible.  

You may find me nonconformist or just not able to fit in your standards. What are your standards by the way? Statements about what exactly? What should and what shouldn’t? Who should and who shouldn’t? Should or shouldn’t what exactly? Maybe I lived so long only to get more confused than I was years back, but I still don’t get some of the rules this society makes…like the one on what’s beautiful and what’s ugly in this century. But if I started with Hegel, just because I woke up with him in my thoughts, and Miriam challenged me a little bit this morning, I will then end with my dear Hegel as well: “I'm not ugly, but my beauty is a total creation”. And it is!

Have a great week, you all! :)

No comments: