Website Link


back to the Fit and Toned website www.fitandtoned.co.nz

Thursday 12 September 2013

My true soulmate


Life can be very long if it's not right...and Hendrix made it just right for me because he is the joy of my life. That doesn't mean that my life is shorter...I hope...even if my boy Hendrix usually pushes me very close to having a heart attack. My only hope is that women are less likely to have heart attacks. 

Hendrix is exactly like me...total nonconformist. You know Hendrix. No, not Jimi. My Hendrix, the 7 months old Labrador- Ridgeback cross. I love him to bits when I don't hate him. He's done them all, from destroying my car to chewing everything in my home. He read all my cooking books...with his teeth; he swallowed my keys; he eat all my cables; he repeatedly drank my coffee and eat my lunches; he made pieces all my fav CDs (lucky I make copies!); he's done everything possible and impossible! Hendrix knows there are no repercussions because Hendrix is, as I've said, the joy of my life. Sometimes, after he goes grand in what he does best, crashing everything, I promise myself to find him a new home, but then I remember how much I love him. Hendrix is different. I cannot even compare him to humble Max, my other dog, because Hendrix is special, very, very special! 

Every client knows Hendrix; maybe because they all have been involved in his life. Some helped me finding him after an escape, others actually found him running free in all sorts of places when I was working. My neighbors know Hendrix better than they know me. My friends know him too. Everybody knows that the only way one can get closer to me is through Hendrix...but nobody knows why. Hendrix was to be put down when I got him. I took my chance, I knew the risk involved and I opened wide my wallet. I paid for the huge surgery he had to have and I saved his life. I am not sure he knows that but at the end of the day love is usually one sided. 

My puppy grew a lot, he got bigger and taller and apparently he got more relaxed. I mean, more relaxed when he does something naughty. Like today when he got somehow on the table and eat around five apples, tree bananas and 1kg of kiwi fruits. He may be on a special detox diet because at the end of the day he is a Personal Trainer's puppy. Hendrix didn't stop here though. He managed to open a Ribena bottle and drank it all. Only for fun! But I wasn't angry; I never am. I looked into his eyes and I've seen myself because Hendrix is exactly like me: blonde. Actually he is a black dog that acts like a blonde one. I know that my Hendrix, like me, will always do upside down things, he will always push boundaries, will cross forbidden lines, but once where he wants to be, he will always be a winner. He may even be my soulmate....just a shame he is not a real man. I would have married him with my eyes closed and I would have always cherished and adored him. But he is not! He is just a puppy I love very much...always did...always will! :)

Email Brigitte

No comments: