Website Link


back to the Fit and Toned website www.fitandtoned.co.nz

Monday 9 September 2013

I used a life


I blogged on happiness even when I was sad. But now I'm happy so why not bring back a happy vibe to my blogs? But first I have to bring back Heidegger. You know how much I love him. I said it a few times that I was in a secret relationship with him. Affair? Nah, I wouldn't go so far, but I still have to agree with his approach to happiness. Technology and life as a something that can be controlled and mastered versus spiritual crisis. This is more than enough for me. Technology? I couldn't live without it! I depend on my iPhone and my laptop more that normal.  They are like modern drugs for me that alter and regulate the states of my mind and body.   Does that make me happier? Actually not really. People do. My happiness depends on people!

I am a fraction of a second away from being ecstatic. I started a new bootcamp, my weight loss challenges are going very well, my classes too, my clients are happy and I am just about to start a ballet class for lithe girls. That doesn't mean that I am less blonde. I've told you so many times that my work is the only point of excellence. My private life? Ups and downs, a synergy of silly moments and blonde ones. Recently it got better though.Until today, when weird things happened again. Everything started with me cooking and when I cook, I do it in style. I love cooking, always did. I could have been a chef, but I don't like working nights. So yesterday I was cooking and I grated my thumb, which is just normal and probably happened to you, guys. Today though, two thick red lines appeared on my arm, up to my shoulder and even if I found that very fancy, also matching my red dress, I started been worried when I noticed that I have high temperature. I loved it by the way, because my face looked better than it did with makeup on. My doc, who by the way is not just a great doctor... a hottie as well (I hope he doesn't read this...but he does!) disagreed with me and he started cutting things out of my thumb faster than I was able to say no (no means no, that's what we girls were taught) . Actually not once. Twice because I had to go back to my doc who decided that a whole is not enough (not that one!). So, yes, I am on antibiotics, thank you very much, and I kind of see blurry things especially when I bent over in my yoga classes or I jump in my step classes or I lift my barbell in my pump ones. More specific...all the time. So am I not an unfortunate blonde? Sort of am one....but still happy. I have technology on my side... and people too. 

Back to Heidegger. He thought that we are responsible for our actions. Everybody knows that. You don't have to be a philosopher to guess that! Wait. I remember him saying something about collective and personal responsibility. It was my personal choice to cook and chop my finger. We, girls, cook. We, blondes, cook silly. So here is our collective choice. Don't worry guys. I have nine lives. I used only one, eight left for other courageous attempts. See you, guys, in the gym. :)

Email Brigitte

No comments: